Program Assistant (ERSEA) - (South Bay)
Children's Services | South Bay, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Through our Children Services Division, we work with children (ages 2 – 10) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond.
This Administrative Assistant/ERSEA will assist the Training Coordinator/ERSEA (Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance) area.
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Assist with implementation of the Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment Attendance (ERSEA) plan.
- Assist in preparing reports and records on ERSEA activities.
- Analyze any pattern of absenteeism that falls below Attends all meetings required by the funding source and agency management; prepares and submits required reports promptly and accurately.
- Monitors Child+ database for any possible terminations to ensure full enrollment is reached.
- Monitors Child+ database daily attendance to ensure that we meet minimum 85% average daily attendance and meal count to ensure data information is complete & accurate.
- Assist in accurately preparing and submitting required reports and administrative forms in a timely manner.
- Assist with record keeping of files and monitor family files.
- Work closely with Family Advocates and Home Visitors to input data in database.
- Work as a team to establish and maintain direct communication channels among the family, program staff, FSS’s, administrative staff and community members;
- Must use a computerized data system to input, retrieve and update required data;
- Studies management methods in order to improve workflow and simplify reporting procedures.
- Implements program-operating practices, such as record keeping systems, personnel and budgetary requirements, and performance standards and recommends development of new systems or revision of established procedures.
- Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports, such as time-and-attendance records, termination, new hires, transfers, budget expenditure, and statistical records for performance data.
- Type correspondences, reports, memorandum, proposals, and financial statements. Maintains informational and/or operational records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and Associate of Arts degree in Social Services, Health or related field preferred or two (2) years of relevant experience may be substituted for each year required of college education
- Minimum of 2 years of general office, administration and/or clerical experience preferred
- Relevant experience may be in social work, case management in health, disabilities, mental health or parent involvement aide in an Early Head Start/Head Start program
- Must have excellent computer skills including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing including English grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have physical examination at the time of employment
- Proof at the time of hire
- TB clearance within 6 months prior
- Annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization
- Ability to interact with children in a very busy environment; therefore, must be physically able to perform lifting (50 lbs.), squatting/kneeling, and move quickly.
- Fingerprint clearances required prior to employment
- In order to make home visits and travel to different school sites, offices, etc., must have access to an automobile with adequate insurance coverage and a valid California driver’s license
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and oral) desirable