Procurement Specialist Head Start
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Serving those who serve others – Supporting over 120 social service programs with responsive administrative and logistical efforts.
HEAD START/EARLY HEAD START
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (ages 0 – 5) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Children also receive a broad array of health services including screenings and referrals, maintenance of immunization schedules, nutrition assessments and follow-ups, mental health assessments as part of initial screenings, and determination if any mental or physical delays are present. Children receive health and dental services and have access to ongoing and acute and routine health and dental care. Enrolled children receive healthy meals, along with an assessment of their nutritional needs and the necessary follow-ups. Nutrition education is available for parents and incorporated into daily classroom activities for the children.
Cities served include: Carson, Commerce, Compton, Culver City, Del Rey, East Los Angeles, El Segundo, Harbor City, Hawthorne, South Central Los Angeles, Lomita, Lynwood, Mar Vista, Newhall, North Hollywood, Pacoima, Palms, Paramount, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Fernando, San Pedro, Santa Clarita, Shadow Hills, South Central Los Angeles, South LA, Studio City, Sun Valley, Sunland, Sylmar, Torrance, Tujunga, Val Verde, Valencia, Valley Village, Wilmington.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Procurement Specialist – Head Start/Early Head Start performs organization wide purchasing- focusing on the HS/EHS programs, and coordinates with the Children Services Programs the purchasing, quoting and bidding for goods and services in support of program operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procurement processes
- Organize a bidding process for goods and services for VOALA Corporate and Programs
- Work with program managers to conduct procurement bids including preparation of bid packages, and documentation of bids and vendor selections
- Conduct preferred vendor procurement bids
- Draft contracts with winning bidders
- Procurement administration
- Train program managers in procurement processes and monitor adherence to process
- Manage preferred vendor bid schedule
- Manage contracts that require bidding (generally once every 3 years) and coordinates bidding process
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business-related field.
- Or Two years procurement-related experience
- 3 years of Purchasing experience
- Knows Federal Regulations regarding procurement for not-for-profit organizations
- Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point, internet browser.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate orally and written in English.
- Ability to use computer to input and retrieve routine data
- Sets priorities, handle multiple tasks, organized
- Skilled problem solving and decision making,
- Detail oriented, able to accurately interpret data.
- Prompt, collaborative/team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business-related field
- Certified Professional in Supply Management
- Experience in not-for-profit organization and/or grant management preferred
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.