Finance and Accounting | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Serving those who serve others – Supporting over 120 social service programs with responsive administrative and logistical efforts.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Procurement Manager supervises and coordinates with the Programs the purchasing, quoting and bidding for goods and services in support of program operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procurement Strategy
- Develop procurement policies and procedures in conjunction with Controller and in compliance with government procurement regulations
- Evaluate which products and services should be procured centrally
- Evaluate procurement efficiencies, incorporate continuous improvement and regular review
- Procurement processes
- Work with program managers to conduct procurement bids including preparation of bid packages, and documentation of bids and vendor selections
- Conduct preferred vendor procurement bids
- Procurement administration
- Train program managers in procurement processes and monitor adherence to process
- Manage preferred vendor bid schedule
- Manage contracts that require bidding (generally once every 3 years) and coordinates bidding process
- Other duties as required
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business-related field or 2 years procurement-related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Purchasing experience
- Knows Federal Regulations regarding procurement for not-for-profit organizations.
- Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point, and internet browser.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate orally and written in English.
- Ability to use computer to input and retrieve routine data.
- Sets priorities, handle multiple tasks, organized
- Skilled problem solving and decision making,
- Detail oriented, able to accurately interpret data
- Prompt and a collaborative/team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business-related field
- Certified Professional in Supply Management
- Experience in not-for-profit organization and/or grant management preferred
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.