Outreach Worker - (Basic Center Program for RHY)
Adult Services | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- Provides street outreach, trauma-informed care, gateway services and referral services for runaway and homeless youth and victims of child sexual abuse/domestic sex trafficking (CSE/DST)
- Conducts initial street screenings, immediate needs assessments and crisis stabilization
- Assists Program Coordinator in developing Individual Service Plans and linkages with services, and maintaining accurate records of participant progress
- Assists program staff in integrating positive youth development strategies and other evidence-informed practices to provide a holistic service approach including providing life skills through “teachable” moments
- Inputs required program data on HMIS, and completes written and incident reports
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 1-2 years of experience working in the homelessness field, with priority given to those with experience working with runaway and homeless youth and victims of child sexual abuse/domestic sex trafficking (CSE/DST).
- Experience with HMIS data entry
Special Skills Required to Perform this Position:
- Ability to work holidays, nights and weekends
- Valid California driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation preferred
Preferred Skills for this Position:
Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred