Outreach Specialist - (SSVF-OC)
Adult Services | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org
The SSVF Outreach Specialist is responsible for promoting the SSVF program throughout Orange County and surrounding areas, targeting low-income veteran households who are at risk of becoming homeless or are homeless and in need of housing stability
The SSVF Outreach Specialist responsibilities are summarized as:
- Maintain and build partnerships and coalitions with other community and government agencies.
- Reach out to low-income veteran households throughout Orange County and surrounding communities.
- Participate and assist with outreach events.
- Monitor and documents outreach progress and process.
- Develop, perform, and assist with workshops pertaining to veteran households needs.
- Provide SSVF information and referrals to community based organizations.
- Screen and evaluate veteran households for eligibility of SSVF services
- Interview clients for emergency assistance and determine eligibility.
- Document and maintain case management files for all clients.
- Conduct client assessments to collect functional, environmental, psychosocial, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information as appropriate to develop a case plan.
- Develop emergency support systems to meet client needs by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services necessary to maintain independent living, and, when possible, self-sufficiency and family stabilization.
- Conduct crisis intervention as necessary.
- Manage veteran household caseload as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience doing client intakes, ensuring all supporting documents are verified and on file.
- Ability and desire to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, internet usage, and database skills; HMIS a plus.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Valid California driver’s license and insured automobile.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- U.S. Veteran strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.