Operations Coordinator -HUD-VASH
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans' services, homeless shelters, and low-income housing as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development - VA Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) Program is an effort between VOALA, HUD and the VA to move Veterans and their families out of homelessness and into permanent housing. The program provides housing assistance through a special Section 8 voucher program to allow homeless veterans to rent privately-owned housing.
Job Summary and Purpose
As the coordinator of the operations of various treatment teams for the Program Coordinator, the Operations Coordinator adds experience-based competencies and administrative assistance to further the efforts of the clinical staff members at various locations.
- Collect and monitor time sheets and manage Novatime
- Work collaboratively across multiple office locations to ensure smooth service delivery
- Assist with the creation of client tracking databases
- Assist with completion of billing policies and procedures
- Review documentation to ensure it is complete and organized
- Monitor operating procedure effectiveness, and make recommendations to program manager
- Work with team to ensure staff performance is acceptable
- Manage building organization, maintenance and repairs, and key distribution/collection
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of work
- Provide coverage at HUD-VASH sites where coverage is needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (4 years of relevant experience providing service to veterans).
- Valid California driver's license and have reliable transportation
- Approval of Department of Health Service (DHS)
- TB Test
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Benefits Specialist/Case Manager, Lead Case Manager, or equivalent supervisory experience guiding and overseeing staff
- Knowledgeable of veteran resources available at the local, state, and national level
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to coach and mentor staff veterans/clients.
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to problem solve
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- Experience with Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) a plus
- U. S. Armed Forces veteran preferred. Four years of experience working with Veterans, people in recovery and/or homeless individuals preferred.