Operations Coordinator HUD VASH
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development - VA Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) Program is an effort between VOALA, HUD and the VA to move Veterans and their families out of homelessness and into permanent housing. The program provides housing assistance through a special Section 8 voucher program to allow homeless veterans to rent privately-owned housing.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
As the coordinator of the operations of various treatment teams for the Program Coordinator, the Operations Coordinator adds experience-based competencies and administrative assistance to further the efforts of the clinical staff members at various locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect and monitor time sheets and manage Novatime
- Work collaboratively across multiple office locations to ensure smooth service delivery
- Assist with the creation of client tracking databases
- Assist with completion of billing policies and procedures
- Review documentation to ensure it is complete and organized
- Monitor operating procedure effectiveness, and make recommendations to program manager
- Work with team to ensure staff performance is acceptable
- Manage building organization, maintenance and repairs, and key distribution/collection
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of work
- Provide coverage at HUD-VASH sites where coverage is needed
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (4 years of relevant experience providing service to veterans).
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Benefits Specialist/Case Manager, Lead Case Manager, or equivalent supervisory experience guiding and overseeing staff.
- Knowledgeable of veteran resources available at the local, state, and national level
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point, internet browser.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to coach and mentor staff veterans/clients.
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, regular attendance, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, compassionate, conflict resolution.
- U. S. Armed Forces veteran preferred. Four years of experience working with Veterans, people in recovery and/or homeless individuals preferred.
- Current California driver's license and clean driving record
- Experience with Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) a plus
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.