Office Assistant North Hollywood
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | North Hollywood, CA | Full Time | From $16.34 to $17.21 per hour
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (infant – 5-year old's) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Head Start positions are generally Monday through Friday.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Provides data entry and general office/clerical duties in support of assigned area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs moderate to difficult clerical and technical assignments independently;
- Organizes and coordinates major projects and extensive reports to completion;
- Understands, interprets, and applies agency policies and procedures;
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing;
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with staff, parents, and the public;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Must also have 2 years of general office administration, data processing, business administration or related field experience
- Must have knowledge of, and be skilled in, office practices and procedures;
- Must be well versed in spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure;
- Must be fully proficient in MS Office computer applications (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and other general office procedures;
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be skilled in organization and use of records and files;
- Must have health examination at the time of employment and verification of a T.B. clearance issued within six (6) months prior to employment, renewed when required.
- In addition, annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1); Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization.
- Ability to interact with children in a very busy environment; therefore, must be physically able to perform lifting (50 lbs.), squatting/kneeling, and move quickly.
- Fingerprint clearance required prior to employment.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal) desirable.
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.