Office Assistant (As-Needed)
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Office Assistant will:
- Perform general office duties such as identifying and organizing documents for electronic archiving, photocopying, validating scan results, and identification of documents that are to be re-scanned.
- Destruction of documents by shredding
- Perform detail data audits.
- Compute, record, and/or proofread data and other information, such as records or reports
- Compile information and prepare forms and maintain records as needed
- Count, weigh, measure, and/or organize materials
This is an “As-Needed” position
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of general office or clerical experience preferred
- Experience in a course of study or work that requires attention to detail preferred
- Must have good computer skills that includes an experienced working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of file navigation and archiving to network locations
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
VOALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer