Nutrition Site Aide - (HS - San Fernando Valley/Santa Clarita)
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | San Fernando Valley, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (ages 2 – 5) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Head Start positions are generally Monday through Friday, 7:45 am to 4:15 pm (10-1/2 months per year).
The Nutrition Site Aide will support food service activities at the site level while serving customers and representing the company.
The Nutrition Site Aide performs the following:
- Prepare meals and replenish food when needed during meal time; assure classrooms have table settings
- Communicates with Kitchen regarding menu changes and allergies
- Assist at meal time with setup, serving and cleanup
- Wash dishes and maintain a clean, orderly, and sanitary kitchen at all times
- Handle inventory control and order supplies/food from kitchen
- Assure Parent Volunteers are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Food handlers Permit required (training available to acquire certification)
- Able to perform physical requirements of job, including ability to operate wheeled carts and dollies
- Proof at the time of hire
- TB clearance within 6 months prior
- Annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization
- Health screening at the time of employment
- Requires ability to interact with children in a busy environment including, but not limited to:
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Frequently kneel and squat
- Ability to move quickly
- Fingerprint clearances required prior to employment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and oral) desirable
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.