Nutrition Site Aide - (HS - North Hollywood)
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | North Hollywood, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (ages 2 – 5) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Head Start positions are generally Monday through Friday, 7:45 am to 4:15 pm (10-1/2 months per year).
The Nutrition Site Aide will support food service activities at the site level while serving customers and representing the company.
The Nutrition Site Aide performs the following:
- Prepare meals and replenish food when needed during meal time; assure classrooms have table settings
- Communicates with Kitchen regarding menu changes and allergies
- Assist at meal time with setup, serving and cleanup
- Wash dishes and maintain a clean, orderly, and sanitary kitchen at all times
- Handle inventory control and order supplies/food from kitchen
- Assure Parent Volunteers are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Food handlers Permit required (training available to acquire certification)
- Able to perform physical requirements of job, including ability to operate wheeled carts and dollies
- Fingerprint clearances required prior to employment
- Proof at the time of hire
- TB clearance within 6 months prior
- Annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization
- Physical examination at the time of employment
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs on a regular basis, up to 50 lbs. as necessary. Must to able to stand for long periods of time. Physically able to perform squatting/kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending/stooping and move quickly
- Requires ability to interact with children in a busy environment including, but not limited to
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and oral) desirable