Nutrition Site Aide - As-Needed (Multiple Locations)
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | Greater Los Angeles Area, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (ages 2 – 5) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond.
Head Start positions are generally Monday through Friday, (10-1/2 months per year).
This is an As-Needed position with multiple openings in various locations.
The Nutrition Site Aide will support food service activities at the site level while serving customers and representing the company.
The Nutrition Site Aide performs the following:
- Prepare meals and replenish food when needed during meal time; assure classrooms have table settings
- Communicates with Kitchen regarding menu changes and allergies
- Assist at meal time with setup, serving and cleanup
- Wash dishes and maintain a clean, orderly, and sanitary kitchen at all times
- Handle inventory control and order supplies/food from kitchen
- Assure Parent Volunteers are in compliance with applicable regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Food handlers Permit required (training available to acquire certification)
- Able to perform physical requirements of job, including ability to operate wheeled carts and dollies
- Fingerprint clearances required prior to employment
- Proof at the time of hire
- TB clearance within 6 months prior
- Annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization
- Physical examination at the time of employment
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs on a regular basis, up to 50 lbs. as necessary. Must to able to stand for long periods of time. Physically able to perform squatting/kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending/stooping and move quickly
- Requires ability to interact with children in a busy environment including, but not limited to
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and oral) desirable