Nutrition Aide As Needed North Hollywood
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | North Hollywood, CA | Part Time
*** This is an As-Needed ***
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (ages 2 – 5) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Head Start positions are generally Monday through Friday, (10-1/2 months per year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares main dishes, vegetables, deserts and snacks for infants and toddlers according to menus, recipes and individual children’s needs and instructions
- Washes and cleans cooking utensils and equipment
- Maintains a safe and sanitary food service environment
- Orders food supplies and manages storage of supplies according to established procedures
- Maintains inventory and inventory records of food service items and supplies
- Works closely with nutrition consultant to standardize recipes as needed
- Other duties as required
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Valid California driver's license and access to automobile with adequate insurance (or have easy access to other means of reliable transportation) to make home visits and travel to other school sites
- This is an As-Needed position
- Proof of TB clearance within 6 months prior to employment
- Physical examination at the time of employment
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must be able to stand constantly
- Requires ability to interact with children in a busy environment including, but not limited to:
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently kneel and squat
- Ability to move quickly
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have general knowledge of current health and nutrition concepts
- Basic computer and/or Microsoft operating system skills: Outlook, Office, Word, and Excel
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read and write English legibly
- Prompt, collaborative/team player, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, and compassionate
- Food service experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.