Monitor PT- (Hollywood Veteran Center)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Hollywood Veterans Center is a residential facility for veterans of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars that are experiencing severe levels of difficulty readjusting to civilian life. Residents have the goal of obtaining permanent housing, financial security, and a personal support system. What makes the program unique is individualized approach and focus on compassion and tolerance: we will emphasize service that builds personal growth, self-determination, and community reinforcement; we will take measures to ensure family preservation and/or reunification; and we will recognize and celebrate the achievements of the individual.
The Veteran Center Monitor assists in monitoring the facility and clients with respect and compassion while ensuring client safety and security.
- Monitors participants and facility and consults with treatment team
- Observes behavior and records any significant data in participant charts
- Inputs required data to computer systems, performs general office duties, including appointment scheduling
- Performs program orientation and assists with group facilitation
- Secures the facility including periodically walking the facility and making reports as needed
- Dispenses client medications in accordance with instructions and maintains logs of client compliance
- Maintain office housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year experience in clerical position
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven ability to do basic arithmetic
- Able to communicate clearly, effectively, and compassionately with others
- US Armed Forces Veteran preferred
- Experience with administering prescription medications and drug/alcohol usage testing desirable
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.