Monitor (Pathways to Home)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time and Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Pathways to Home is a 14-Hour Emergency Year-Round Shelter serving the homeless population in Los Angeles and South Los Angeles. This program provides temporary shelter, onsite case management, a computer center, and permanent housing referrals.
The Shelter Monitor:
- Ensures the safety of coworkers, participants, guests and property.
- Identifies and responds to fire, medical emergencies, noises and expected crimes using alarms, cameras, motion sensors and radios.
- Patrols, observes and reports suspicious or unusual activite to appropriate authorities; removes trespasser from the property
- Patrols premises regularly to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and to ensure security of doors, windows, and gates
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, participants, visitors and other person to maintain security of property; assures participants and other individuals are in compliance with facility policies with respect to weapons and other property; may conduct searches or operate other detecting devices in accordance with company policy
- Completes written reports and incident logs of daily activities and irregularities
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of 1 year in the security field required
- Must be able to work flexible schedule (evenings and weekends required)
- Must be able to work well with others
- Proven familiarity with homelessness and related issues a plus