Monitor - (Pathways to Home)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Pathways to Home is a year-round emergency shelter serving homeless individuals in the South Los Angeles area. Those that are served are provided temporary shelter as well as case management services to assist with job search, medical needs, permanent housing and other supportive services. Pathways to Home is dedicated to transforming lives one story at a time.
- Ensures the safety of coworkers, participants, guests, and property
- Identifies and responds to fire, medical emergencies, noises, and crimes using alarms, cameras, motion sensors, and radios
- Patrols premises regularly to prevent and detect signs of intrusion, report suspicious or unusual activity to appropriate authorities, and remove trespasser from the premises
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, participants, visitors and others to maintain security of property, as well as ensure participants and other individuals are in compliance with facility policies with respect to weapons and other property. May conduct searches or operate other detecting devices in accordance with company policy
- Completes written reports and incident logs of daily activities and irregularities
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of 1 year in the security field required
- Must be able to work flexible schedule (evenings and weekends required)
- Must be able to work well with others
- Proven familiarity with homelessness and related issues a plus
VOALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer