Monitor Graveyard Shift TLP OC
Youth Services | Anaheim, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Monitor is the entry level position that works to provide security of the program premises, and safety for program clients, visitors and employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shelter Security
- SHELTER ENTRANCE MONITORING: The front door to the shelter is the only permitted entrance and exit for participants, employees, partners, and vendors. Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, participants, visitors, guest and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- BAG & PERSON SCREENING: Monitors search all participants’ person and belongings being brought into the shelter each time a participant enters. This is a critical step in ensuring the safety and security of everyone. It is important to treat every participant with equal dignity and professionalism every time they are screened.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates, etc. walking the facility and making reports as needed.
- SHELTER SAFETY:
- While patrolling observe Shelter to ensure safe operations; report and correct any spills, unsafe working conditions, or defective equipment.
- Know location of fire exits, be prepared to assist participants in case of any emergency.
- Monitor clients and conduct room checks; maintain records of client compliance of program rules, report to clinical/case management staff, assist clinical/case management staff as required.
- Call police or fire department in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized clients/persons.
- ASSET PROTECTION:
- As a non-profit agency, VOALA must utilize all limited resources effectively and protect from theft loss or damage to the shelter’s assets. Report all suspicious events to direct supervisor.
- Responsible to complete written reports and incidents logs of daily activities and irregularities, such as: unusual occurrences, equipment or property damage, theft, and presence of unauthorized persons.
- ACT AS A ROLE MODEL FOR PARTICIPANTS AT ALL TIMES. Learn, understand and practice the professionalism expected – Put clients’/participants’ needs first.
- CLIENT/PARTICIPANT SUPPORT:
- Answer telephones and take messages for clients and staff, monitor doors and greet visitors.
- Maintain office housekeeping; verifies all common areas, laundry areas and restrooms are clean and disinfected & fully operational
- As required by the Program, assist shelter staff during provision of services to clients/participants, including meal preparation/serving, monitor and record client self-administration of prescribed medication, set-up for classes, meetings, recreation, and other Program events.
- Inputs required data to computer systems and logs
- Other duties that may arise to support the Program mission and goals.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Six months in the general security field, and/or social services/human services, and/or customer service experience.
- Six months of proven college coursework, can substitute for the experience requirement.
- Basic Microsoft operating system skills: Outlook, Office, Word, Excel.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule (evenings and weekends required)
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Patient, able to be a calming influence in stressful situations.
- Database familiarity
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.