Monitor - CAL OES XH Transitional Living Program
Adult Services | Anaheim, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- Provides quality services in a positive youth development, trauma-informed, culturally sensitive manner
- Oversees house, physically checks on each participant in each bedroom hourly; checks outside perimeter areas Monitor station desk operations, including answering phones, monitoring doorway to bed space, handling crisis intervention, conducting searches of bags and person upon entry to VOALA property and other tasks as necessary
- Provides reminders and prompts to participants about respecting house rules and taking care of their ADL’s (e.g. showering, eating, etc…), modeling life skills in trauma informed positive youth development framework, using respectful language and refraining from punishment
- Maintains daily round sheet and clear, concise documentation in communication log
- Communicates with case management and Program Manager about violations and participant non-compliance for handling by designated staff
- High School Diploma or GED (High School Equivalence Certificate)
- 1 year of experience in mental health, substance abuse treatment, social services, and/or homelessness
- Keen understanding of positive youth development and trauma informed care principles
- Demonstrated ability to follow outlined agency and contractual policy and procedures and follow agency protocol
- Strong computer skills: Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure in a fast paced multi-dimensional environment.
- 1 year of direct monitor service with youth in residential treatment