Monitor - CAL-OES Human Trafficking/First Step
Adult Services | Wilmington, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans' services, homeless shelters, and low-income housing as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Under supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Monitor will:
- Provide crisis intervention as needed
- Dispenses client medications in accordance with instructions and maintains logs of client compliance;
- Answers telephones and takes messages for clients and staff; monitors doors and greets clients
- Oversees preparation and serving of food and room checks
- Inputs required data to computer systems including monitor logs completes written reports and incident reports
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of participants, guest and property.
- Respond to alarms and investigate disturbances immediately.
- Call police or fire department in cases of emergency: such as fire or presence of unauthorized clients/persons
- Janitorial duties as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Candidate should possess 1 year experience working with youth
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a TB test
- Must be able to pass a Live Scan background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verification, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be reliable and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to write clearly to be able to complete required paperwork.
- Must be able to work effectively with people from all walks of life with compassion
- Ability and willingness to work as a team