Monitor- As-Needed (Womens Care Cottage)
Adult Services | North Hollywood, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
For young women coming out of the foster care system, our Women's Care Cottage is an 18 to 24 month program providing the opportunity for 18 to 21 year-olds who have been on probation or had a court related foster care case to develop the ability to live independently with pride and dignity.
The Women's Care Cottage Monitor assists in monitoring the facility and clients with respect and compassion while ensuring client safety and security.
- Answers telephones and takes messages for clients and staff; monitors doors and greets clients
- Oversees preparation and serving of meals
- Inputs required data to computer systems; completes written reports and incident reports
- Secures the facility including periodically walking the facility and making reports as needed
- Observes and reports suspicious or unusual activities to appropriate authorities
- Dispenses client medications in accordance with instructions and maintains logs of client compliance; administers breathalyzer and urinalysis tests, as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED, must be 18 years or older
- Minimum 1 year experience in clerical position
- Basic computer skills
- Proven ability to do basic arithmetic
- Able to communicate clearly, effectively, and compassionately with others
- Experience with administering prescription medications and drug/alcohol usage testing desirable
- Bi-lingual a plus