Monitor- As-Needed (Women’s Care Cottage)
Adult Services | North Hollywood, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
For young women coming out of the foster care system, our Women's Care Cottage is an 18 to 24 month program providing the opportunity for 18 to 21 year-olds who have been on probation or had a court related foster care case to develop the ability to live independently with pride and dignity.
The Women's Care Cottage Monitor assists in monitoring the facility and clients with respect and compassion while ensuring client safety and security.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of participants
- Provided crisis intervention as needed
- Ensure client compliance with Women's Care Cottage program policies and procedures
- Dispense medication, document monitor logs and medication logs
- Respond to alarms and investigate disturbances immediately
- Responsible to complete written reports and incidents logs of daily activities
- Call police or fire department in cases of emergency: such as fire or presence of unauthorized clients/persons
- Some maintenance/janitorial duties as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- Candidate should possess 1 to 2 years' experience working with youth
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a background check. including criminal history, personal references, and employment and education verification
- Must be reliable and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to work effectively with youth who have experienced trauma
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member