Monitor As Needed - (VS-90)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org
VS–90 provides transitional housing to male Veterans who are on parole or probation. The goal of the program is for the client to transition into independent housing with sound financial planning skills and reduced institutional thinking. Services include case management, individual and group therapy, job referrals, and counseling regarding benefits and money management.
The VS-90 Monitor assists the Program Supervisor with maintaining the facility and providing support for facility clients. This position:
- Provides general oversight to assure that safety and well-being of program participants.
- Oversees front desk operations including answering phones, completing phone intakes, monitoring front door, handling crisis intervention, and other required tasks.
- Provides respectful reminders and prompts to participants regarding house rules and personal attention to activities of daily living
- Communicates with case management and clinical team about violations and participant non-compliance for handling by designated staff
- Maintains check-in/out procedures with residents; accounts for all residents while on VOALA property
- Performs bed checks and monitors surveillance cameras
- Responds to emergencies by contacting ambulance, police, program manager, or other parties as warranted
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum I year of experience working in a residential treatment center
Skills Required to Perform this Position:
- Basic computer skills
- Able to communicate clearly, effectively, and compassionately with others
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- US Armed Forces Veteran preferred
- Experience with administering prescription medications and drug/alcohol usage testing desirable
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor preferred
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law