Monitor As Needed - (VS-21)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org
VS–21 is sober program for young, sober Veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan without dependents. We provide transitional housing, case management and meals while addressing challenges such as unemployment, addiction, mental illness, and homelessness. The goal is to get young Veterans back into society with the knowledge and resources necessary to function independently. Assists homeless veterans with permanent housing, benefits, employment, medical support, financial literacy, social skills and much more while in a transitional housing environment.
The VS-21 Monitor assists the Program Supervisor with maintaining the facility and providing support for facility clients. This position:
- Provides general oversight to assure that safety and well-being of program participants.
- Oversees front desk operations including answering phones, completing phone intakes, monitoring front door, handling crisis intervention, and other required tasks.
- Provides respectful reminders and prompts to participants regarding house rules and personal attention to activities of daily living
- Communicates with case management and clinical team about violations and participant non-compliance for handling by designated staff
- Maintains check-in/out procedures with residents; accounts for all residents while on VOALA property
- Performs bed checks and monitors surveillance cameras
- Responds to emergencies by contacting ambulance, police, program manager, or other parties as warranted
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum I year of experience working in a residential treatment center or related field
- Basic computer skills
- Able to communicate clearly, effectively, and compassionately with others
- US Armed Forces Veteran preferred
- Experience with administering prescription medications and drug/alcohol usage testing desirable
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor preferred