Monitor-As-Needed - (Transitional Living Program)
Adult Services | Lancaster, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
A monitor at the Transitional Living Program will help provide services for up to RHY (female and male) ages 17 and under youth who have left home without the permission of their parents or guardians, have been forced to leave home, or other homeless youth who might end up in contact with law enforcement or in the child welfare, mental health, or juvenile justice systems.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of participants
- Provided crisis intervention as needed
- Ensure client compliance with Lancaster Transitional Living Program policies and procedures
- Dispense medication, document monitor logs and medication logs
- Respond to alarms and investigate disturbances immediately
- Responsible to complete written reports and incidents logs of daily activities
- Call police or fire department in cases of emergency: such as fire or presence of unauthorized clients/persons
- Some maintenance/janitorial duties as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Candidate should possess 1 to 2 years' experience working with youth
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a background check, including criminal history. personal references. and employment and education verification
- Must be reliable and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work effectively with youth who have experienced trauma
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member