MediCal- Development Manager
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The purpose of this role is to develop behavioral programs funded by Medicaid. This position is responsible for strategic growth and expansion of services to potential populations such as I/DD (Intellectual/Developmentally Disabled), children and youth, and elders. Services include I/DD, substance abuse, and behavioral health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop clear understanding of culture of VOALA and tailor fit and approach of MediCal products to VOALA.
- Oversee the life cycle from concept and design to development and deployment of MediCal models in IDD, behavioral health, and substance abuse in a multitude of delivery models and locations.
- Contribute to new product ideas and build idea pipeline.
- Monitor and analyze product performance and make recommendations on modifications and enhancements.
- Continuously monitor key market trends and identify new product opportunities.
- Assess the performance of product launches to ensure they are meeting product objectives and market expectations.
- Assess competitive landscape for MediCal services.
- Possess mastery of industry-specific skills such as ASAM, SAMHSA, SUD, MediCal.
- Establish partnerships as needed.
- Work closely and effectively with the following positions: VOALA COO, CFO, and SR Director of HR and their staff.
- Possess key leadership skills including the ability to inspire and manage staff, interact with boards and executive management, and to strategize for existing and new business development.
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related industry required.
- 5+ years of product development in healthcare.
- Familiarity with ASAM and SAMHSA service requirements.
- Previous experience with MediCal.
- Proficient at using email, Word, and Excel as needed in order to accomplish position.
SKILLS and ABILITIES.
- Industry-specific skills
- Knowledge of MediCal requirements
- Working knowledge of ASAM’s multi-dimensional assessment and guidelines for placement, continued stay, and transfer/discharge of clients
- Experience in employing evidence-based practices related to SUD treatment.
- Proficiency in electronic medical record (Sage) and Microsoft office platform
- Leadership Skills
- Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Client Services—manages difficult client situations, responds promptly to client needs and solicits client feedback to improve service.
- Oral and written communication—speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings
- Completes written progress notes and other formal communications skillfully and professionally.
- Quality management—looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Must be a dynamic self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently on special projects
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times.
- Must demonstrate acceptable level of maturity, good judgment, and emotional stability
- Flexibility in work style – ability to work with uncertainty, initiate organizational strategy and direction, and change directions as priorities change
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours as the job necessitates.
- Strong ability to promote and maintain collaborative work relationships with the community, funders, senior leadership, medical practitioners, clinical team and administrative staff.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Master’s Degree.
- 10 or more years in product development in Medicaid specific services.
- Familiarity with ASAM, SAMHSA, recovery methodologies, behavioral health services, and I/DD services.
- Knowledge of working with or willingness to work with the homeless and substance abuse population
- Experience working with SAMSHA or other grants preferred
- Must have excellent computer skills, including extensive work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.