Maintenance Technician II (Ballington Plaza)
Maintenance and Grounds | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Maintenance Technician II will perform a wide range of maintenance and repair task, both independently and part of a team.
- Maintains the interior and exterior of all buildings, parking lots and grounds in good condition
- Performs in executions of major repairs that might include the following: Carpentry, Plumbing, Interior painting, Refurbishing and cleaning, Landscape and irrigation systems.
- Follows daily maintenance checklist provided by supervisor; Assures tools and supplies are stocked and appropriately secured in maintenance store rooms; maintains cleanliness and order of store rooms
- Checks buildings for any safety concerns; understands and carries out VOALA, federal and other governmental regulations
- Keeps property exterior clean and orderly at all times
- Keeps tools and landscaping equipment clean and properly stored
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1 – 5 years experience in minor building and property repairs
- Experience in assisting in major repairs under supervision
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to complete routine tasks within communicated quality standards
- Can identify full range of construction and maintenance tools (hand and power) and materials
- Is able to use tools required for certain major repairs
- Ability to consistently perform tasks with quality consistent with experience and skills
- Ability to complete tasks in a professional and timely manner
- Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to safely drive an automobile, van or light truck