Maintenance Technician II
Maintenance and Grounds | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Maintenance Technician II will perform a wide range of maintenance and repair task, both independently and part of a team.
- Maintains the interior and exterior of all buildings, parking lots and grounds in good condition
- Performs in executions of major repairs that might include the following: Carpentry, Plumbing, Interior painting, Refurbishing and cleaning, Landscape and irrigation systems.
- Follows daily maintenance checklist provided by supervisor; Assures tools and supplies are stocked and appropriately secured in maintenance store rooms; maintains cleanliness and order of store rooms
- Checks buildings for any safety concerns; understands and carries out VOALA, federal and other governmental regulations
- Keeps property exterior clean and orderly at all times
- Keeps tools and landscaping equipment clean and properly stored
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in minor building and property repairs
- Experience in assisting in major repairs under supervision
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to complete routine tasks within communicated quality standards
- Can identify full range of construction and maintenance tools (hand and power) and materials
- Is able to use tools required for certain major repairs
- Ability to consistently perform tasks with quality consistent with experience and skills
- Ability to complete tasks in a professional and timely manner
- Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to safely drive an automobile, van or light truck
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.