Maintenance Tech I - (North Hollywood Apts)
Maintenance and Grounds | North Hollywood, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. VOALA is a flexible but hard-working organization. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Providing safe, peaceful, and affordable housing opportunities to individuals and families while promoting financial growth and welfare to the purchase of a home. Offering affordable housing to families and individuals in need.
The Maintenance Tech I duties include:
- Maintains the interior and exterior of all buildings, parking lots and grounds in good condition
- Performs or assists in executions of minor repairs that might include the following: Carpentry, Plumbing, Interior painting, Refurbishing and cleaning, Landscape and irrigation systems.
- Follows daily maintenance checklist provided by supervisor; Assures tools and supplies are stocked and appropriately secured in maintenance store rooms; maintains cleanliness and order of store rooms
- Checks buildings for any safety concerns; understands and carries out VOALA, federal and other governmental regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have basic building maintenance skills and 2 years of general maintenance experience
- Knowledge of use and care of hand and power tools
- Must be able to lift (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), squat, kneel, bend and walk continuously
- Ability to read and understand written instructions in English a plus
- Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law