Maintenance Tech I
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Maintenance Assistant Worker duties include:
- Maintains the interior and exterior of all buildings, parking lots and grounds in good condition
- Performs or assists in executions of minor repairs that might include the following: Carpentry, Plumbing, Interior painting, Refurbishing and cleaning, Landscape and irrigation systems.
- Follows daily maintenance checklist provided by supervisor; Assures tools and supplies are stocked and appropriately secured in maintenance store rooms; maintains cleanliness and order of store rooms
- Checks buildings for any safety concerns; understands and carries out VOALA, federal and other governmental regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have basic building maintenance skills and 2 years of general maintenance experience
- Knowledge of use and care of hand and power tools
- Must be able to lift (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), squat, kneel, bend and walk continuously
- Ability to read and understand written instructions in English a plus
- Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record