Maintenance Assistant IV RV
Maintenance and Grounds | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Maintenance - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The Maintenance Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to our communities’ most vulnerable by ensuring all residential, office, classroom and other facilities meet all safety and regulatory requirements.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Reporting to Maintenance Director, the Maintenance Assistant IV (RV) has responsibility for minor repairs, RV regular maintenance, and transportation for the VOALA RVs used as temporary shelters for the homeless. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours, to work independently, and to lead teams on maintenance and repair tasks requiring multiple staff. The Maintenance Assistant IV (RV) will also be tasked with tracking and transporting the organization’s RVs to various locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the interior and exterior of assigned RVs, parking lots and grounds in good condition
- Plans and executes preventative maintenance and needed repair of assigned RV, as directed
- Executes or assists vehicle repairs, major or minor: performing plumbing, painting, refurbishing and cleaning, repair of landscape and irrigation systems
- Leads team of workers on larger projects, as directed
- Proactively inspects RV and parking lots to prevent maintenance issues, address small problems before they grow
- Follows daily maintenance checklist provided by supervisor; Assures tools and supplies are stocked and appropriately secured in maintenance store rooms; maintains cleanliness and order of store rooms
- Delivers and transports RV as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current California Class A driver's license and clean driving record
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in vehicle or facilities maintenance
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more construction trade specialty
- Familiar with full range of mechanic and repair tools and machines
- Demonstrated knowledge of use and care of hand and power tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of building codes and quality aspects of RV maintenance
- Working understanding of all areas of property and building maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of OSHA work safety requirements
- Working knowledge of preventive maintenance
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated ability in RV maintenance
Able to work independently
Able to lead teams in maintenance or repair projects
Able to instruct junior workers on proper techniques, best practices, and safety
- Able to understand written instructions, work orders, and inspection reports
- Ability to proficiently use an extensive range of maintenance tools and equipment, specifically those needed for major repairs of apartment complex
- Ability to consistently perform tasks with quality consistent with experience and skills, in a professional and timely manner Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, regular attendance, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, compassionate, conflict resolution.
- Formal training in a Construction Trade specialty (plumbing, electrical, masonry, carpentry, HVAC, etc.)
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.