Children's Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. VOALA is a flexible but hard-working organization. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Maintenance Assistant Worker duties include:
- Maintains the interior and exterior of all buildings, parking lots and grounds in good condition
- Performs custodial duties to assure that centers are clean and sanitary adhering to janitorial schedules as provided by VOALA
- Assures vehicles remain in good repair and cleanliness; notifies the supervisor when a vehicle requires repair including routine maintenance
- Performs or assists in executions of minor repairs that might include the following: Carpentry, Plumbing, Interior painting, Refurbishing and cleaning, Landscape and irrigation systems.
- Follows daily maintenance checklist provided by supervisor; Assures tools and supplies are stocked and appropriately secured in vehicles as well as in maintenance store rooms; maintains cleanliness and order of store rooms
- Checks center daily for any safety concerns; understands and carries out VOALA, federal and other governmental regulations
- Must have basic building maintenance skills and 2 years of general maintenance experience.
- Must have access to an automobile with adequate insurance cover.
- Must hold class 3 California Driver's License, with an acceptable driving record substantiated by a copy of DMV records.
- High School or GED Equivalent.
- Required fingerprint clearance prior to employment.
- Experience in Head Start/Early Head Start programs preferred.
- Must have a health examination at the time of the employment
- Proof at the time of hire
- TB clearance within 6 months prior
- Annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization
- Must be physically able to perform lifting of minimum of 50lbs., squat/kneel, and move quickly is also required to perform many job responsibilities.
VOALA is an Equal Opportunity Employer