Learning Management System Coordinator
Human Resources | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Human Resources - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The HR Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to those who aid our communities’ most vulnerable.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
As part of the Learning & Development team, the Learning Management System Coordinator (LMS Coordinator) will serve as the LMS subject matter expert and provide logistic and administrative support for the entire team. LMS tasks will include managing the course catalog and troubleshooting the system, updating the learning content uploads, provide training on the LMS, creating reports/analytics, test/implement LMS upgrades and enhancements and maintain the overall user experience. Provides administrative and logistical support for the Learning and Development team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the LMS, ensuring it is up-to-date with the company’s course catalog and all course offerings for promoting and communicating learning requirements and opportunities to employees.
- Manage the configuration and maintenance of the Learning Management System (LMS) for the organization.
- Update, publish, and maintain LMS content and assets; ensure content is current and consistent.
- Troubleshoot and resolve LMS help desk tickets and follow up with internal customers, provide feedback and follow through to resolution.
- Build and test learning assets in LMS (courses, eLearning, materials, videos, curricula, etc.).
- Provides administrative support of the Learning Management System including:
- Adding courses to the LMS course catalog
- Assigning courses to learners, ensuring learners have required log-ins
- Following-up with learners, instructors, and/or management based on report information
- Ensuring the LMS system’s course information and other types of information are always current
- Collaborating with HR to ensure employees are added to learning paths as necessary based on hiring, promotions, etc.
- Monitoring external training resources to add relevant information to the LMS
- Running, scheduling, and reviewing reports
Learning and Development Team Administrative and logistical support:
- Assists with the training team scheduling and logistics including (but not limited to):
- Scheduling and/or booking training rooms in both in-house and rented locations
- Printing and coordinating the distribution of training materials
- Arranging food and beverage service for trainings
- Providing appropriate participant and instructor communication
- Gathering feedback from trainers and trainees after training sessions
- Maintaining up-to-date training records and database(s)
- Overseeing the inventory and ordering of training products and supplies
- Validating that trainees have log-ins for training systems
- Sets and verifies training cost charge-backs to the appropriate programs
- Researches and keeps a list of outside trainers and training facilities
- Other tasks as directed by Learning and Development Supervisor
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Associate's Degree (or a combination of experience and education of 2 years)
- Two years of experience in training work environment, as an administrative assistant, or other similar role.
- One year of experience administering an LMS
- Has strong technical and interpersonal skills (including strong computer skills and business communication).
- Has advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Understands patient confidentiality local data privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency; including word processing, spreadsheet creation, and education/development software.
- Demonstrated skills in Learning Management System.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to create and run reports in LMS and other HR systems
- Ability to use discretion, maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, establishing and maintaining collaborative professional relationships
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary tea
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing including proper use of English grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure
- Has a dedicated approach and strong understanding of policy and goals regarding learning
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others – on own team and across departments
- Positive, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude that views challenges as opportunities
- Solid commitment to making sure things are done right and on time
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to identify areas for improvement
- Ability to accept and apply feedback
- Familiarity with social services and related issues
- Previous work with online training portals/systems
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.