Learning and Development Specialist
Human Resources | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Human Resources - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The HR Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to those who aid our communities’ most vulnerable.
Job Summary and Purpose
Facilitates and delivers select VOALA employee training initiatives using varied learning methodologies including classroom training, blended learning, job aids, experiential learning, and e-learning, all with a primary focus of developing employee skills to improve the quality of client interaction and client outcomes.
- Delivers off-the shelf instructor-led training directly to employees
- Facilitates and delivers select VOALA employee training initiatives using varied learning methodologies, including the train-the-trainer designed courses
- In partnership with the others, oversees the logistics of trainings including scheduling, announcements, technology needs, etc.
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, Human Resources or related field or the equivalent combination of relevant experience (Combination of education and experience of 5 years)
- Minimum two years’ experience delivering highly-effective, creative, and engaging instructor-led employee development training experiences including off-the-shelf curriculum
- Knowledge of and skill to implement adult learning theory and practices when facilitating and designing curriculum
- Understanding of the application of talent development concepts, tools and processes in a business context
- Stays current within the field of employee development through reading, videos and attending professional events
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated computer proficiency, including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and education/development software
- Ability to work productively on multiple projects/courses simultaneously.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior attention to detail, and the ability to organize and express ideas clearly
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem- solving skills with results orientation.
- Dependable, collaborative, have regular/dependable attendance, be prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- Master’s Degree in relevant field
- Certification in Franklin Covey courses is a major plus
- Experience with LMS functionality is helpful
- Strong preference for delivering off-the-shelf soft skills content
- Experience creating and delivering leadership development training
- Proven familiarity with social services and related issues
- Strong training delivery / facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of training delivery best practices
- People leadership principles and practices
- Bilingual preferred