Lead Housekeeper LAHSA Homekey Devonshire Lodge
Adult Services | Chatsworth, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
LAHSA Homekey Devonshire Lodge
Due to COVID-19, a need arose to quickly serve our at risk homeless neighbors. The Project HomeKey program provides housing for individuals and families experiencing homelessness or at risk of experiencing homelessness and who are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will interact with previous Project Roomkey clients.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the property, the Lead Housekeeper will arrange the housekeeping schedule, coordinate, monitor, and mentor the housekeeping staff. The Lead Housekeeper must also be sensitive to the needs and challenges in the community and be able to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life. The position requires a combination of administrative and hands-on performance to ensure the property is clean at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assign and monitor work load of team:
- Review daily schedule and check performance of the work.
- Inspect premises and report any repair or maintenance needs to Program Manager
- Daily cleaning of assigned areas using various cleaning products.
- Restock bathrooms
- Responsible for dusting, window cleaning, waste cans, and vacuuming lobby area and hallways.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Two years housekeeping experience
- One year leadership experience
- Ability to operate battery powered equipment and electric vacuum.
- Ability to stand and bend for extended periods.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Dependable, collaborative, prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized
- Build rapport with those encountered in all aspects the work day.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.