Lead Driver - (Pathways to Home)
Adult Services | South Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Pathways to Home residents begin a journey toward a permanent, sustainable housing situation from the moment they walk through the door. Each resident has an action plan and the support services they need to find work, get access to benefits they may be eligible for, get access to healthcare and ultimately get access to long term housing.
This role is responsible for completing assigned routes while maintaining a safe environment for passengers and deliverables. Leads and provides support to other drivers at assigned location.
Lead Driver (Pathways to Home):
- Responsible for kitchen drop off for various inter-agency locations in a timely manner ;collaboration with kitchen staff onsite to assist with inventory of products and other duties as assigned.
- Perform scheduled routes for pick up and drop off while maintaining participate/staff safety.
- Responsible for donation pick up and deliveries in collaboration with outside agencies.
- Responsible for communicating all maintenance (routine and incidental) to management and collaborating for repair.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of daily duties, schedules routes, and policy and procedures are being followed by transportation department.
- Develop training and log audit regimen for all drivers and adhere to standard management reporting as assigned.
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time
- Primary Grade Education with development planning to obtain GED
- 6 months in human services
- 1 year driving/delivery position
- Demonstrated skills working with participants from various backgrounds, particularly veterans, veterans with families, and homeless individuals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires clean driving record to be insurable by VOALA insurance.
- Must have valid Commercial Driver's license and a clean live scan clearance
- Basic automotive knowledge and ability to operate van
- Must be able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to:
- Lifting up to 50 lbs on a regular basis without assistance
- Bending and sitting continually
- Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English
- Must be able to work a graveyard
- High School Diploma
- 1 year in a lead/supervisory role
- Commercial driving