Lead Case Manager -(Pomona Hope for Homes Services Center)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Outreach and Supportive Services case management team that assist participant goals, objectives and treatment plans: while maintaining a limited caseload
- Develop Strategies with other Sanctuary staff to help identify, target, and provide support and resources for the homeless population served
- Conducts weekly case conferencing and monthly case file audits to assure participants records are complete and accurate.
- Conduct screenings, assessments, and development of ISPs, harm reduction and safety plans.
- Take required steps to address health, educational, vocational, recreational, social, emotional and psychological needs of each participant
- Monitor program compliance to funder and VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures
- Maintain and build partnership and coalitions with other community and government agencies providing relief of human trafficking victims
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a case manager in social services field or other related support services
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in case management in the designated specialty (i.e., housing, benefits)
- Demonstrate the ability to develop relationships with homeless, their families, and landlords, as well as a variety of service stakeholders (schools, health and public benefit agencies)
- Demonstrate the ability to find solutions and solve problem
- Experience and knowledge of treatment plan design and case management
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be reliable and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to write clearly to be able to complete required paperwork.
- Must be able to work effectively with people from all walks of life with compassion, to be covered by VOA’s insurance carrier
Preferred for this Position:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with a diverse client base preferred
- Database experience (HMIS) strongly preferred