Lead Case Manager -(Pathways & SLWC)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Outreach and Supportive Services case management team that assist participant goals, objectives and treatment plans: while maintaining a limited caseload
- Develop Strategies with other Sanctuary staff to help identify, target, and provide support and resources for the homeless population served
- Conducts weekly case conferencing and monthly case file audits to assure participants records are complete and accurate.
- Conduct screenings, assessments, and development of ISPs, harm reduction and safety plans.
- Take required steps to address health, educational, vocational, recreational, social, emotional and psychological needs of each participant
- Monitor program compliance to funder and VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures
- Maintain and build partnership and coalitions with other community and government agencies providing relief of human trafficking victims
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three years’ experience in like human services field including: homeless services, veteran’s services, substance abuse, etc.
- Must be reliable and able to multitask
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively:
- Valid California driver's license and have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening