Lead Case Manager - CAL OES Transitional Living Program
Adult Services | North Hollywood, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- The Case Manager will work to identify and engage victims of human and labor trafficking including at risk victims of human and labor trafficking and Domestic Violence
- The Case Manager will use evidence based training including Trauma Informed Care, Harm Reduction, Seeking Safety and Motivational Interviewing to engage and provide safety and supportive services to trafficking victims.
- The Case Manager will conduct screening, safety plans, assessments and develop ISP’s for all clients
- The Case Manager will provide social, emotional and psychological needs to participants.
- The Case Manager will provide direct linkages to community support resources and services and follow up to clients.
- The Case Manager will outreach to ensure supportive services to all Trafficking victims in need are met.
- Provide Crisis intervention and stabilization.
- Monitor program compliance to funder and VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures
- Provide active support and advocacy, including providing and/or coordinating transportation and accompanying youth to navigate services as indicated in the ISP, including employment, educational, legal services, health, mental health, substance abuse and other stabilizing services that may benefit the participant
- Links youth to mainstream benefits and supportive services for housing, health care, domestic violence, substance abuse, legal assistance, employment and education as directed by the Individual Service Plan.
- Meets with participants on a weekly basis to establish goals and action steps towards those goals, and to monitor and assess progress towards achieving those goals.
- Manage day-to-day operations of case managers' participant goals, objectives and treatment plans; maintains caseload
- Participates in, and/or prepares for, meetings, events, seminars, workshops, and trainings.
- Collect demographic and evaluative data on participants and their progress weekly.
- Work with youth once they are housed to assist with permanency and wrap-around services.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Actively manage case files and daily progress notes per VOALA protocol.
- Actively participate in care coordination teams bi-weekly to ensure an intensive wrap-around approach to service delivery, including aftercare, for youth
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Two-year experience providing Intensive Case Management trauma-informed care to vulnerable youth
- Ability to develop relationships with homeless youth, their families, and landlords, as well as a variety of service stakeholders (schools, health and public benefit agencies)
- Experience and knowledge of treatment plan design and case management
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be reliable and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to write clearly to be able to complete required paperwork.
- Must be able to work effectively with people from all walks of life with compassion, to be covered by VOA’s insurance carrier
Preferred for this Position:
- Familiar with Clarity HMIS Data Base- (Preferred)