Human Resources | Los Angeles, CA | Temp to Perm
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
***TEMPORARY POSITION WITH POSSIBILITIES***
The Junior Recruiter will work closely with Adult and Veteran’s Services programs for proactive full-cycle hiring for identified positions, while organizing, modifying, and confirming system candidate data to ensure recruiting is well resourced. Regularly assists in sourcing efforts, engages in collecting candidate information from a variety of platforms and ensuring a successful applicant experience in a fast-paced recruiting organization.
- Recruits for identified positions for Adult and Veteran’s Services, including screening, coordinating interviews with Program Management Staff, and ensuring steady pool of active candidates for new grant start up programs
- Updates candidate records and job postings in ATS system
- Coordinates interview schedules with applicants and hiring managers
- Uses detailed screening and selection criteria to identify qualified candidates and to determine the relevant strength of the candidates in the pool
- Responsible for building a strong candidate pipelines for identified positions, including attending job fairs, schools, college services as identified including identifying user groups and professional associations which could lead to qualified candidates
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience must include a minimum one year in a recruiting role
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and ATS system
- Ability to balance a high volume of requisitions and to adjust priorities according to business needs
- Professional phone presence
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including active listening, accountability, effective persuasion, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- High tolerance for continuously evolving needs and enthusiasm for continuous process improvement
- Highly organized skills to manage the recruitment case load
- Results oriented
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.