Job Developer / Case Manager (HVRP SGV)
Adult Services | San Gabriel Valley, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
HVRP Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program The HVRP - (Helping Veterans Receive Paychecks) programs ensure that Veterans receive the employment and training services they need to get good jobs. HVRP offers job counseling, resume preparation, job placement, and follow–up. HVRP provides immediate transitional housing on–site and through referrals to VOALA Pathways to Home. We serve male and female Veterans by offering supportive services as well as job counseling and training through various community partnerships. Program staff ensures that participants receive essential supportive services such as clothing, shelter, referral to medical or substance use disorder treatments, and transportation assistance — either within VOALA or at another agency in the community.
- Conduct employability assessments of potential participants, this includes, but is not limited to assessing level of ability and readiness for work, physical and mental capabilities of participants.
- Develop with the participant individualized employment plans for enrolled participants
- Conducts comprehensive participant assessments to collect functional, environmental psychosocial.
- Develop support system to meet participant needs by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services necessary to maintain independent living, and, when possible, self-sufficiency and family stabilization
- Provide job readiness skills training in areas such as resume preparation, interviewing and job search techniques
- Provide career counseling and job coaching, including labor market trends to job seekers, coordinating job skills training, as outlined in participant employment plan, arranging interviews with employers and working with participants on job retention issues
- Coordinate with EDD Worksource Centers, Department of Rehabilitation, Los Angeles Unified School District, various community and faith based providers, Veterans Administration, and other Veteran social service and employment resources to ensure participants have access to available services to ensure success
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate records of participants and progress towards goals and objectives as outlined in the participant individual employment plan. This includes keeping accurate track of placements and retention data as required by Department Labor
- Develop and implement an aftercare plan for each employed participant
Basis, determining quality and effectiveness of service provided
- Represent the interests of the agency, (Volunteers of America Greater Los Angeles) the program and its participants in all networking and public relations opportunities.
- Monitors and verifies services provided to each participant on a regular basis, determining quality and effectiveness of service provided
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education; additional experience may be substituted for Educational requirements.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working as a Job Developer and / or Case Manager with demonstrated skills in working with vulnerable population
Proficiency with Microsoft Office; effective written and oral communications skills.
- Valid California driver’s license and dependable transportation with adequate insurance
- Veterans and / or Bilingual (Spanish) preferred