Job Developer/Case Manager - (HVRP - San Fernando Valley)
Adult Services | San Fernando Valley, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
HVRP Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program HVRP program ensure that Veterans receive the employment and training services they need to get good jobs. HVRP offers job counseling, resume preparation, job placement, and follow–up. HVRP provides immediate transitional housing on–site and through referrals to VOALA Pathways to Home. We serve male and female Veterans by offering supportive services as well as job counseling and training through various community partnerships. Program staff ensures that participants receive essential supportive services such as clothing, shelter, referral to medical or substance use disorder treatments, and transportation assistance — either within VOALA or at another agency in the community.
The HVRP (Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program) Job Developer coordinates, monitors, and delivers services related to assisting participants with obtaining economic stability through employment. The HVRP Job Developer duties are summarized as:
- Conduct employment ability assessments of potential participants, this includes, but is not limited to assessing level of ability, readiness for work, physical and mental capabilities of participants
- Develops an individualized employment plan with each eligible veteran
- Conduct comprehensive screenings and assessments with veterans to collect functional, environmental, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate, to develop a case plan
- Develops support systems to meet participant needs by identifying and coordinating available services needed to maintain independent living, self-sufficiency and family stabilization.
- Provides job readiness skills training in areas of resume preparation, interviewing and job search techniques
- Provides career counseling and job coaching; coordinates job skills training with participant employment plans
- Arranges interviews with employers and works with veteran on job retention issues
- Coordinates with state, veteran, community and private employment resources to assure participant access
- Monitors and verifies services provided to each participant on a regular basis
- Determines quality and effectiveness of services provided
- Minimize service gaps, ensure continuity of care and assist with overcoming barriers
- Ensure completeness of participant charts and accuracy of all documentation.
- Ensure accurate data is entered and recorded in the Servicepoint Database
- Maintain program compliance to funder and VOALA policies and required procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience in employment placement and vocational counseling activities
- Minimum of 1 years' experience working as a job developer and/or in case management services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Valid California driver's license and dependable transportation with adequate insurance
- Demonstrated skills working with participants from various backgrounds, particularly Veterans, people in recovery and/or homeless individuals
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Experience connecting clients to resources
- US Armed Forces veteran strongly preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships with employers and community contacts