Job Developer Case Manager Homeless Employment Program
Adult Services | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
HOMELESS EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
Homeless Employment Program will provide employment services for individuals who are homeless in Long Beach. These services will include outreach and coordination with partner agencies to identify potential participants, case management, placement into/supervision during transitional employment, employment soft skills training, referrals for housing and support services, permanent employment placement, and job retention supports.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Job Developer establishes and maintains working relationships with employers, industry organizations, and public agencies to source job openings and secure employment and vocational training opportunities for veteran participants. Job Developer is the central point of contact to coordinate and provide job placement and support services for assigned clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops an individualized employment plan witheach participant
- Conduct employability assessments of potential participants, this includes, but is not limited to assessing level of ability, readiness for work, physical and mental capabilities of participants, educational background, skills and identification of challenges and barriers to employment
- Write complete and detailed individualized employment plans outlining activities and community referrals, with concise and clear goals to be tracked
- Develops a service plan foreach participant
- Conduct comprehensive screenings and assessments with veterans to collect functional, environmental, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information, as appropriate
- Draft a Service Plan that complements the Employment Plan
- Provide career counseling and job coaching, including labor market trends to job seekers, coordinating job skills training, as outlined in participant employment plan,
- Provide job readiness skills training (soft skills) in areas of resume preparation, interviewing and job search techniques
- Arrange interviews with employers and working with participants on job retention issues
- Develop and maintain working relationships with local employers, creating long-term permanent placement opportunities for program participants
- Develop a resource base of employers committed to giving priority hiring attention to HVRP
- Represent the interests of the agency, (Volunteers of America Greater Los Angeles) the program and its participants in outreach events, networking, and public relations opportunities, as assigned.
- Develop and coordinate linkages with job skills training resources in high-demand fields
- Coordinate with outside resources such as: EDD Worksource Centers, Department of Rehabilitation, Local School Districts and Community Colleges, various community and faith-based providers, Veterans Administration, and other Veteran social service and employment resources to ensure participants have access to available services to ensure success (this list is an example, not a restriction, any other resource that is available should be investigated).
- Meet regularly with program participants, aiding their job search by scheduling interviews, referring job leads and community services to ensure participant success
- Monitor and track job placement activities on a regular basis to ensure accurate and timely reporting of progress and completed milestones as required by funder.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (2 years)
- 1 year of experience in case management or as a job developer.
- Skills in sourcing jobs, and cold calling potential employers
- Knowledge of local employment market
- Current California driver's license and clean driving record
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, office, outlook, word, excel, power-point, internet browser.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills including relationship building
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct presentations to groups
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, compassionate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience (4 years) in employment placement and vocational counseling activities.
- US Armed Forces veteran strongly preferred not required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.