Job Developer (CalVIP)
Adult Services | Compton, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
City of Compton/VOALA CalVIP program provides comprehensive employment and life skills training and mentoring to prepare at-risk transition-aged youth (ages 18-25) for stable, independent lives outside of gang involvement. The program coordinator will oversee program implementation, including supervision of case managers/job developers, relationship building with employers and training partners, and coordination of mentoring activities. The Job Developer coordinates and develops employment opportunities for participants ages 18-25.
- Identifies career pathways in demand sectors
- Establishes and maintains relationships with employers
- Assesses potential participants for level of ability and readiness for work.
Provides career counseling and job coaching; coordinates with Job Readiness Training facilitator.
- Arranges interviews with employers and works with participants on job retention issues.
- Coordinates and maintains relationships with the local work source centers (America’s Job Center)
- Develops individualized employment plans with each participant
- Establishes and maintains complete and accurate records as required
- Monthly case file audits
- Weekly case conferencing
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience in employment placement and vocational counseling (preferred)
- 1 - 3 years’ experience working as a job developer and/or in case management services (preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation with adequate vehicle insurance
- Must be comfortable and able to work with at risk transition aged youth (18-25)
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time