IT Inventory Clerk
Information Technology | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Serving those who serve others – Supporting over 120 social service programs with responsive administrative and logistical efforts.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Information Technology Inventory Clerk is a member of the IT Department and supports both Corporate headquarters and remote program locations by tracking and monitoring all IT hardware inventory, including: desktops, laptops, monitors, speakers, , keyboards, projectors, docking stations, printers, telephones (land-line and cellular), copiers, cameras and other miscellaneous accessories. Coordinates the issuing of IT inventory to users, collecting this inventory from departing users, scheduling upgrades as may be needed, ensuring all inventory is properly decommissioned prior to re-issuing or disposal of outdated hardware.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains Information Technology hardware inventory records and IT tracking system (tag with Bar Codes, perform inventory data entry); maintains service and parts inventory, keeps storeroom in secure, orderly fashion.
- Receives and records incoming inventory; verifies accuracy of shipments, inputs into IT tracking system; maintains inventory sheets completed by users receiving possession of hardware.
- Coordinates with IT Operations Manager to meet new hardware requests, facilitating delivery of inventory to users by preparing systems and records prior to installation or delivery; collects replaced hardware, decommissions returned systems.
- Coordinates with IT Support team to have sufficient service and parts inventory on hand to meet regular IT Service Requests
- Assists IT “Help Desk”, handling incoming IT Service Requests via e-mail, telephone and hard copy
- Other duties as may be required by Director of Technology
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Or Two years IT-related experience
- One year of experience in Information Technology department operations
- Knowledge of Windows and various hardware platforms, audio-video, data communication, and LAN/WAN equipment
- Knowledge of Apple OS and Hardware
- Knowledge of audio-video equipment
- Familiarity with IT hardware and inventory controls.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills- working between users, management, IT personnel and external providers (Vendors, ISP’s and other providers).
- Must be organized and reliable- in order to keep service/repair request database up to date
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Ability to sit for long period of times and lift boxes up to 50lbs frequently
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Prior help desk experience preferable
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.