Intake Specialist (Pathways to Home)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Pathways is the largest homeless shelter in Los Angeles, providing a diverse group of services. Comprehensive Case Management Services, Affordable Housing Assistance, Transitional Housing Programs, Permanent Housing Placements, JWCH Mobile Clinic, Department of Health Services, USC-HIV Study/Prevention.
The Intake Specialist:
- Completes intake and assessments on all new participants
- Maintaining confidential files
- Monitors status of bed availability
- Responsible for keeping records of incoming clients in logs and HMIS system
- Assists clients with obtaining case management, benefits and Worksource services as well as other shelter services; assists with necessary paperwork
- Greets clients, guests, and visitors; notifies appropriate employee and maintains needed logs and other paperwork; assigns client to a case manager
- Assists clients with clothing needs; distributes meals and meal tickets to clients
- Prepares and generates daily reports; analyses data and prepares special reports as needed
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of I - 2 years of experience using HMIS
- Training in and working knowledge of HMIS
- Proven ability to interact positively with diverse groups of client population with varying education and economic backgrounds.
- Computer Literate
- Typing 30 words per minute
- Proven familiarity with homelessness and related issues a plus
- Bilingual preferred