Instructional Coach SFV Santa Clarita
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | San Fernando Valley, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
VOALA services for children place an emphasis on Education, Literacy, and Health. The skills and confidence gained from our programs promote a stable home life and ensure a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Working closely with the family unit and the community itself, we encourage the development of a positive narrative for our children providing internal voices of confidence, kindness, hope and accountability to building a stronger future.
HEAD START/EARLY HEAD START
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (ages 0 – 5) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Children also receive a broad array of health services including screenings and referrals, maintenance of immunization schedules, nutrition assessments and follow-ups, mental health assessments as part of initial screenings, and determination if any mental or physical delays are present. Children receive health and dental services and have access to ongoing and acute and routine health and dental care. Enrolled children receive healthy meals, along with an assessment of their nutritional needs and the necessary follow-ups. Nutrition education is available for parents and incorporated into daily classroom activities for the children.
Cities served include: Carson, Commerce, Compton, Culver City, Del Rey, East Los Angeles, El Segundo, Harbor City, Hawthorne, South Central Los Angeles, Lomita, Lynwood, Mar Vista, Newhall, North Hollywood, Pacoima, Palms, Paramount, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Fernando, San Pedro, Santa Clarita, Shadow Hills, South Central Los Angeles, South LA, Studio City, Sun Valley, Sunland, Sylmar, Torrance, Tujunga, Val Verde, Valencia, Valley Village, Wilmington.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Instructional Coach will work as a colleague with classroom teachers to support student learning. Under the direct supervision of the Education Area Supervisor, the instructional Coach will facilitate individual and group professional development that will expand and refine the understanding about research-based effective instruction. In order to meet this purpose, the instructional Coach will provide personalized assessment and support that is based on the goals and identified needs of individual teachers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct Teacher Needs Assessment (TNA) to identify areas of need for growth.
- Conduct and score CLASS observations.
- Review and analyze data, D RDP results, CLASS scores, etc.
- Establish short- and long-term goals, with the teacher, based on observation and the Teacher Needs Assessment (TNA).
- Communicate and demonstrate researched-based instructional practices that result in increased student performance.
- Link teacher assessment to teacher performance.
- Other duties as required to further the mission of HS/EHS
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Proof at the time of hire
- TB clearance within 6 months’ prior
- Annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization
- Health screening at the time of employment
- Requires ability to interact with children in a busy environment including, but not limited to:
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently kneel and squat
- Ability to move quickly
- Bachelor's Degree in Child Development or related field.
- 24 CD/ECE units
- 6 infant toddler units (If no units, must complete and pass classes within one year of hire)
- Site Supervisor permit
- 1 year of monitoring/coaching
- Supervising adults
- EC from 0-5
- Developmental approach practices
- Working to motivate adult teachers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, meet established deadlines
- Problem solving skill, decision making, interpret data, detail oriented, accurate, analytical, organize, read/write;
- Proficient in understanding and communication of the spoken and written English language
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Prompt, collaborative/team player, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, and compassionate.
- 2 years’ experience monitoring/coaching adults
- 1 year teaching experience from birth to 5.
- Licensing/Performance standards.
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.