Instructional Coach East LA
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | East Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (ages 2 – 5) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Head Start positions are generally Monday through Friday, (10-1/2 months per year).
The Instructional Coach will work as a colleague with classroom teachers to support student learning. Under the direct supervision of the Education Area Supervisor, the instructional Coach will facilitate individual and group professional development that will expand and refine the understanding about research-based effective instruction. In order to meet this purpose, the instructional Coach will provide personalized assessment and support that is based on the goals and identified needs of individual teachers.
- Contact and score CLASS observations and link teacher assessment to teacher performance
- Conduct teacher assessment to identify areas of need for growth
- Establish short and long term goals, with the teacher, based on observation and the Teacher Needs Assessment (TNA)
- Review and analyze data (DRDP results, CLASS scores, etc.)
- Communicate and demonstrate researched-based instructional practices that result in increased student performance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Child Development or related field. Master's Degree preferred
- 6 units on Infant toddler studies..
- Program Director Permit from California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Valid California driver’s license and access to dependable automobile with adequate insurance
- First aid and CPR certification preferred
- Fingerprint clearance prior to employment
- Must have health screening at the time of employment
- Proof at the time of hire
- TB clearance within 6 months prior
- Annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, to move quickly and to perform duties requiring squatting and kneeling in order to interact with children in a very busy environment
- Current CLASS Reliability
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal) desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Has skills and knowledge needed to motivate adult learners
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.