Human Resources Representative
Human Resources | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The HR Representative will assist the Human Resources department in providing workers compensation, benefits enrollment, leave of absence, policy, and PTO coordination. This is a hands-on position that will be involved in a wide-range of responsibilities and activities.
The HR Representative will provide the first point-of-contact for employee-related matters to workers compensation, benefits enrollment, and general policies questions.
- Coordinating and managing all Workers Compensation claims
- Leave of Absence’s (LOAs)
- Answering general policy and benefits questions; assisting new employees with benefits enrollments
- Serving as a liaison between program staff and the HR department
- Performing project assignments as directed by HR management
- Provides back up for Leave of Absence’s (LOAs) management
- Assisting with on-site investigations as assigned by the HR department management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent HR experience
- 2 years of administrative experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills; bilingual (Spanish) helpful
- Experience with HRIS programs (i.e., Ulti, ADP, etc) a definite plus
- Valid California driver's license, clean driving record, a reliable vehicle and adequate vehicle insurance
- Proven ability to conduct presentations in front of small and large groups on a variety of topics
- Systematic and organized approach to projects and day-to-day responsibilities