Human Resources Associate II Classification and Compensation
Human Resources | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Human Resources - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The HR Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to those who aid our communities’ most vulnerable.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
As part of the HR Total Rewards Team, the HR Associate II Classification/Compensation is responsible for posting jobs on the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and gathering applicant tracking metrics, assists classification/compensation work with a focus on reclassifications and lateral transfers. Also, participates in Classification/Reclassification projects as directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeps ATS current, by entering internal and external job postings, closing filled and cancelled Job postings, tracking hiring and classification activity to meet Affirmative Action requirements
- Assists the classification of new positions, reclassify existing positions and maintain valid job descriptions
- Support the Transfer and Reclassification process as needed
- Uploading offer letters into Dynafile
- Entering data into HRIS as needed (for transfers/reclassifications)
- Performs special classification/compensation projects and programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (4 years).
- Minimum of two years of HR work experience.
- Working knowledge of current general employment/labor law including federal, state and local statutes such as, EEOC, affirmative action, FMLA, FLSA and immigration regulations and guidelines.
- Strong computer skills (including typing, emails, software use), HRIS, Excel, and PowerPoint. Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Strong problem solving, decision making skills.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Detail oriented, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to read/write; proficient in understanding and communication of the spoken and written English language.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality with sensitive employee information.
- Ability to present information to employee for training, as required.
- Ability to clearly explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Dependable, collaborative, have regular/dependable attendance, be prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized.
- Ultimate Software (HRIS)
- JobScore (ATS)
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.