Human Resources Assistant Service Team and Recruiting
Human Resources | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Human Resources - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The HR Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to those who aid our communities’ most vulnerable.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Serving both in the HR Service Team and the Recruiting team, the HR Assistant – Service Team & Recruiting position is a resource for the Human Resources department, primarily assists with the Employment/Onboarding of new employees while aiding the recruitment efforts as described below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Service Team duties include:
- Assist with processing Employment Verifications on Accurate (including initiating the request, follow-up with candidates, checking that information is verified, asking for additional documents as needed)
- Assist with resignation/termination workflows (initiating workflow requests on UltiPro, terminating benefits, updating termination/resignation log)
- Updating application log to ensure that all new hire workflows have been initiated by the Service Team, and that approvals are complete before pay period end
- Assist with Employment Verifications for current employees as needed
- Other employment/on-boarding assistant tasks, as needed
Recruitment duties include:
- Identifies open positions for Adult and Children Services, coordinating interviews with the recruitment team
- Updates and maintain candidate records in ATS (Jobscore) system
- Creates flyers to advertise positions on various social media platforms; LinkedIn, Facebook, virtual job fairs and careers website
- Other recruiting assistant tasks, as needed
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School or GED and some college coursework in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Experience in a Human Resources role
- Some familiarity of current general employment/labor law including federal, state and local statutes such as, EEOC, affirmative action, FMLA, FLSA and immigration regulations and guidelines.
- Computer skills (including typing, emails, software use), HRIS, 10-key, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good written and verbal communication skills, proficient in understanding and communication of the spoken and written English language;
- Problem solving and decision- making skills;
- Ability to interpret data;
- Ability to meet established deadlines;
- Good critical thinking skills;
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality with sensitive employee information;
- Ability to present information to employees and candidates, as required;
- Ability to clearly explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities; Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Dependable, collaborative, have regular/dependable attendance, be prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized.
- Employment/on-boarding, recruiting experience
- Familiar with Applicant Tracking Systems and databases.
- Familiar with UltiPro
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.